Thursday, February 20, 2014

Q Toon: Michael Sam



It's been over a week since top NFL draft pick Michael Sam announced to the world that he is gay, so my fellow cartoonists have had plenty of time to draw bulky, hairy bruins quaking in the locker room at the prospect of showering in Mr. Sam's proximity. My cartoon this week is an effort to draw something else, which is too bad for those of my readers who would have enjoyed another picture of naked hunks in their gay newspaper.

One thing that none of my fellow ink-slingers have not drawn is Mr. Sam himself (except from the back or under a helmet). I bought a copy of Sports Illustrated last week in part to make sure that I had plenty of pictures of Michael Sam to work from -- only to find that the cover story about him featured only one photo of his face.

Here's wishing him a long and illustrious career so that I have enough time to get his caricature right.

No comments:

Post a Comment