Thursday, April 11, 2013

One Thumb Down

When my Facebook feed started to fill up with notices of Roger Ebert's death, I commented on one of them that surely Gene Siskel had saved him an aisle seat in the balcony of the heavenly Rialto. I didn't bother to draw that as a cartoon, because I was confident that several other cartoonists were already hard at work drawing the exact same idea.

I was not disappointed.

Then, of course, there is curmudgeonly altie cartoonist Ted Rall:
Ted Rall
Universal Press Syndicate
Apr 10, 2013
I have so far not been able to attend any of the annual AAEC conventions; there always seems to be a wedding or a conflict with work or family schedules. I don't have any direct conflict for this year's convention in Salt Lake City, but now I'm afraid to go.

I can just see myself meeting Ted, and having a lively discussion about self-plagiarism, or cross-hatching, or whether there is any difference between Barack Obama and George W. Bush.

Then, someday, he'd come speak at my funeral just to get the last word in about how wrong I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment